Afghanistan - Exit with Honor
A new initiative has been launched out of the US to put pressure on world leaders to do better with regards to the current crisis in Afghanistan. Take a look first at this video and then follow up to the website and petition. Here's the #ExitWithHonor video.
All of this is part of an International Religious Freedom Round Table campaign on Afghanistan. It has created an Emergency Afghanistan Task Force and alongside the video we have a new website ExitWithHonor.org. Take a look and sign on to our multi-faith letter at www.exitwithhonor.org/irf-roundtable
Also please support the public petition at www.ExitWithHonor.org
Christians go into hiding
A group of releases and articles and initiatives on the state or minority religious affairs in Afghanistan:
An op-ed published about Afghanistan's Christians going into hiding.
- USCIRF Calls on the State Department to Prioritize Refugee Resettlement of Afghan Religious Minorities
- Humanists International in a letter urging the Biden Administration to take all necessary steps to protect the human rights of all Afghans, particularly vulnerable religious minorities and nonreligious people.
- ADF International Human Rights Council oral statement: Religious minorities “at extreme risk of being targeted with deadly violence”
- A link to RSVP to ICC's briefing on Afghanistan's Christians
- Final Communique of Meeting on Afghanistan of the Organization on Islamic Cooperation